Want to learn human medical anatomy in a modern way? Learn the anatomy through practical, clinically-relevant exercises instead of through rote memorization of tables of muscles and cells. Encompassing the anatomy of embryos and adults as well as microanatomy at the cellular level, this graduate certificate program offers a complete study of the anatomy of the human body.
The Medical Human Anatomy certificate is especially designed for students wishing to enhance their medical school applications, overseas students with MD or PhD degrees wishing to enhance their applications into US programs, and science teachers who teach anatomy at the high school or college level. This program will consist of 13 credits offered entirely online. Upon completion of this program, students will receive a Certificate of Medical Human Anatomy from the University of Florida.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Students preparing for:
- Medical School
- Dental School
- Physician Assistant School
- Nursing School
- Medical Professionals
- College Instructors
Core-Required – complete all 3
- GMS 5605: Medical Human Anatomy (3 credits)
- GMS 5630: Medical Histology (4 credits)
- GMS 5604: Medical Human Embryology (3 credits)
Electives – complete 1 of the following
- GMS 5606L: Medical Anatomy Laboratory (3 credits)
- GMS 5613: Medical Anatomy by Diagnostic Imaging (3 credits)
Tuition is $550.00 per credit hour.
Students will also be expected to pay university fees, such as the Capital Improvement Trust Fund fee and technology fees, which amount to approximately $13 per credit hour. More information can be found at: http://www.fa.ufl.edu/bursar/current-students/
The program does not currently accept Employee Education Program (EEP) students.
This program requires a BA or BS degree and a strong science foundation with at least five full semester courses related to biology, chemistry and/or physics.
Requirements for Graduation
In order to be awarded the certificate, students must have earned a minimum grade of C on all coursework with an average GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- June 17 – Courses open for registration
- July 29 – Certificate application final deadline- all materials (transcripts, etc) must be received by this date
- July 29 – Readmission deadline
- August 5 – Non-degree application deadline
- August 20 – Classes begin